Small 3D symbols - details!

Sorry about the title! Not very clear!

I am wondering if there is access to any garden design 3D symbols such as cushions, coffee cups, cafetiers, wine glasses/bottles, garden tools etc. Rather than making them! Sketchup has a whole world of donated symbols, but there doesn't seem to be much for VW.

Can anyone help? Sometimes for a close up of part of a garden it would be nice to have access to these smaller objects to create a detailed picture?..

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Never seen a VW library of those types of objects, normally I recommend importing the Sketchup files freely available from https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/index.html and texturing them to your liking before creating a symbol from them.

This works well for most geometry, but until the tweaks to how Vectorworks handles importing large amounts of polys or complex mesh objects are complete, some of the imported objects slow the file down too much to be used in regular drafting. Depends how they were made originally.

mmm?I have done that before and it does slow the file right down. Maybe I will have to make my own (one day when I find the time!!). We need a community library of created symbols like these! There are so many things I know would be useful! A football, tennis rackets etc. Just to add to the buy in for the client!

The other thing I really think should be made available by suppliers are symbols of exterior products etc. Gaze Burvill furniture, Alitex/Hartley greenhouses, Lighting (not the VW ones) etc! They could so get sales from that because we have dressed up our 3Ds with their products! Opportunity lost maybe?

ahh well!