an all-round record of all elements and data fields possible?

hi,

the project manager asked me for a record, displaying only one worksheet, containing all building elements with their data fields.

it means that the irrelevant or non-existing information isn't populated at all (ignored). the table should contain a mix of all building parts, including walls, symbols, slabs, furniture a.s.o., where rows and columns go in hundreds or thousands.

the wish seems a bit strange to me, but it apparently works well with him (there are software packages for project evaluation that work this way, using ifc fields for information source).

is something similar possible in vectorworks?

if yes, is it a combination of database records and simple excel functionality?

thanks in advance,

rob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

michael,

i've noticed your answer, but i haven't got time to check the result. as i've seen it briefly, the fields (columns) are not the same and vary with each database record.

i've actually meant all possible column names that get populated in some records, and not populated in other ones. this would apparently generate much bigger worksheet than the one you've kindly provided.

but i'll have to look at this worksheet once again, anyway?

thanks,

rob