Trouble moving license to new machine

I am hoping someone can help me over the weekend while Nemetschek Tech Support is closed. I have a new MacBook Pro and want to use VW Landmark to that machine. I currently have VW installed on 2 laptops, so I uninstalled on one of them in order to use the license seat on the MacBook Pro (I have Serial # E which allows for installation on 2 machines)

I installed VW on the MacBook no problem but cannot open it because I get the message "Vectorworks cannot be activated because this license has been activated on the maximum number of machines allowed." Any thoughts on what more I need to do to free up that license?

Thanks.

Brooke Merriam

Sunflower Designs

VW Landmark 2013

Benson,

Well, it goes beyond the inconvenience of their east coast office hours. I called this morning at 9 a.m. right when Tech Support opens and was too it could take 1-2 days for the transfer to be approved!! I told him I thought this was unacceptable, especially as a Service Select member (isn't priority support supposed to be part of that?). He had to send it to the Activations Dept. but said he would try too expedite. We shall see. But needless to say I am a little frustrated.

Brooke

• 3 weeks later...

Really Nemetschek? My machine gets damaged and I need a new one to complete a project with a tight deadline. What do I do? I purchase an upgraded machine and hope to get back to work so I can get paid! But NO, I cannot get back to work after all. I have to wait through the weekend, and then possibly another two days after that to have my broken machine deactivated so I can use a product that I've paid for. Considering my deadline is Monday, and it's Saturday I suppose I am giving this one away for free at best, losing the client at worse, paying for another designer to complete the job at double worse. Thanks a lot Nemetschek, I bought your product to make money, not to lose money! ARRRRGGHHHHHHH.

I'm in exactly the same position. Why they can't set up an unistall option is beyond me. I've just updated to a 27" iMac because Ive been having a few problems. I've stripped off VW my old MacPro and reinstalled it but now need to do the same with a new Mac, but can't.

• 2 years later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 minutes ago, Resuelvectorworks said:

So when I'm updating to a new machine, I'll have to buy a new license?!?!?! 

No, this only occurs when you rapidly switch between different hardware or switch multiple machines using the same license at once. So if you had two machines with the same license of Vectorworks activated on both and replaced both at the same time you would probably hit this issue on one of the machines and need to contact support to have it reset.

Going forward, we plan to give users much more control over their activations but for now it has to go through support.

• 1 year later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

in that case, you can simply uninstall it from the PC:

Then install it on the replacement Mac. The serial numbers used to be different between mac and windows, but no longer. If you need the 2018 Mac installation link, message me directly with just the last 6 of your serial number and I can get you the right link. Don't post any part of your serial number publicly here on this thread.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I updated my licence, everything was approved and downloaded the installer onto my computer. I followed all the steps correctly and activated the new licence but then was told i could not open Vectorworks as my licence has expired!

This was two days ago and I've gotten no response from my initial email.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible as all my work is currently on hold!!

• 1 year later...