Walls not Fitting to Roof Face Geometry

JoshW

... but still best to model accurately, yeah? ......

Well how accurate is accurate? We have all read that VWs has a limited thinest line thickness, so what is the nearest 2 edges can be etc. there is always a bottom limit.

Frankly who cares and at what size do they start caring? I don't care about a few mm if 4 walls aren't joined properly (even a few cms off is ok) when creating a space rounded to the nearest sq m. as long as I don't get the error message slowing me down.

Perhaps the error message should include the option for degree of accuracy?

Edited by Vincent C

Some form of feedback would have definitely been helpful. I see your point about the gap at the ridges, but when they were created, they were "put together" using VWs snaps. I can't be more accurate than the program will allow. And the second time I created the geometry, I followed the same steps as before, which should have yielded the same result, but was somehow more accurate.

JoshW,

No offense meant. As noted, I have on occasion inadvertently moved an object by tiny amounts and not noticed until later.

Whatever the case, the way your roof planes were juxtaposed, FWTO should have worked in my opinion and it's good JimW is submitting.