Sheet not printing, program hanging

Trillian

Hello all,

I'm having difficulty printing a sheet of a drawing. The drawing itself is 2D, lines, symbols etc. It's a small section at 1:20. It won't print to PDF either (I tried in case it was a printer issue)

When I change the viewport to 1:10, it does print. It's not a big drawing - 6MB. The rest of the drawing is absolutely fine, including some other viewports at 1:50, 1:100.

The only thing I can think of is that I've made each concrete block a symbol, so there are a lot of repeated symbols in the file and on the sheet.

Any ideas or workarounds?

EDIT - Forgot to say, the program also hangs when this happens, like I'm rendering a huge 3D file. I left it running while I left the office for a while and it still didn't print.

Edited by Trillian
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What is the DPI of the sheet layer that viewport is on? (this is checked under Tools > Organization > Sheet Layers)

What is the rendering mode of the viewport? Does it work if you switch it to wireframe, hidden line or opengl instead?

If you try to Export PDF instead of Print to PDF, what occurs?

What is the DPI of the sheet layer that viewport is on? (this is checked under Tools > Organization > Sheet Layers)

What is the rendering mode of the viewport? Does it work if you switch it to wireframe, hidden line or opengl instead?

If you try to Export PDF instead of Print to PDF, what occurs?

Hi Jim,

DPI is 72

Rendering mode is wireframe

Export PDF crashes the program.

It's extremely odd, it's a straightforward file, some walls drawn in BIM in plan, but none in this viewport, or even design layer.