Framing Plan wall visibilities

Amelia S

I am hoping to create a ceiling framing plan from the walls from the floor plan. I am excited to have figured out how to manipulate the wall classes to show just the wall core in dotted lines. However, I need to get rid of the gaps that show up for windows and doors. They are currently on the none class, which is off in the viewport shown in this screenshot. When I turn it on, I get the whole window (minus the glazing). I just want to see the walls continue, as if they are being cut through above the headers. How can I achieve this? Thanks yall!!

(VW 2013)

Edited by Amelia S
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Normally you shouldn't have to change anything to get the wall lines to draw, they're usually classed in ceiling-main by default, I think the main intention being the creation of reflected ceiling plans as you are here.

Send me your file at tech@vectorworks.net and I can have a look. (It's early and I'm sure i'm just overlooking something obvious.)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like normally you would enable Ceiling-main and disable Sills, then you would have the dashed wall lines with simple rectangles for doors/windows.

I do not know of a method that allows for the windows to be completely invisible without setting their Break to "No Break" in the Object Info Palette.

Our standard is to indicate door and window openings in our Ceiling Plans as they serve as reference and orientation in the field. We don't really like the way Vectorworks' Door and Window Main Classes display the double lines at jambs, but have accepted it as our standard...for some time now.

Yes, cutting sections through a Sheet Layer Viewport above openings would work. Another way???

Edited by Majic