Drafting a room in 3d with a sloping ceiling

Im just getting to grips with the 3d features in vwx (after using vwx 2d for years - previously all 3d was done in sketchup)

Ive got a room with a sloping ceiling, the ceiling itself dosnt need to be modeled, all i need are the walls which i will later take sections from for setting out drawings.

The room looks like this (see image below - produced in Sketchup). Ive used the walls tool to draw the walls and extrude them to the correct height, but how can i get the slope in the wall height to achieve whats in the image below ?

fSc6npC.png

Guest Wes Gardner

I trick I often use is to put your model in a side view (in your case, the side that you want to have sloped) then draw a rotate rectangle at the slope you want, extrude it, go to top/plan to be sure it covers all the walls then run the Fit Walls to Objects command - you can then blow the extruded shape away...

I do a lot of sloped designs, shed roof style cabins, and I do it in 3d with the 3d reshape tool. But for me I have found it really hard to precisely grab the end of the wall to drag it to the height I need. The arrow appears but you better have a steady hand to click at the precise monument it shows or it's gone. I also use the add vertex to create my gable walls but again grabbing the wall is way to precise. I have to use the "z" key to zoom in close and even then it's hard. I may be missing something but I get by with my method. But that's the best way I have found and then the wall accepts my windows and I can render different things on each side of wall. That's my 2cents.

I may be wrong, but I haven't yet seen a way to get the tops of the walls sloped to match the roof slope - like your sketchup model. The walls that are running perpendicular with the slope have 'flat' tops, so you end up with a messy junction with the walls running up the slope which fit nicely to the roof slope.

Can anyone verify that?

Our office would love to be able to specify whether the tops of walls are 'flat' or sloped to match the roof.

Thanks

I may be wrong, but I haven't yet seen a way to get the tops of the walls sloped to match the roof slope - like your sketchup model. The walls that are running perpendicular with the slope have 'flat' tops, so you end up with a messy junction with the walls running up the slope which fit nicely to the roof slope.

Can anyone verify that?

Our office would love to be able to specify whether the tops of walls are 'flat' or sloped to match the roof.

Thanks

True and this has been wished for on several occasions. (On a side note, you can to a degree solve this by approaching real life where creating all the components and offsetting these accordingly to meet the roof will cause a staggered slope from inside out, (basically as they would be built in real life) yes this is more tedious and yes a new wall type is needed for each respective slope however it is a solution that approaches what you need.)

If sections are the issue I usually simply let the wall offset up into the roof when using Fit to Objects.

Edited by Vincent C