Extrude along a path help

Can anyone assist please? As in the attached image I have extruded the purple shape along a path (A). As seen in (B) this has worked fine. However I need to raise one end of the nurb so the profile extrudes along a sloping curved nurb. As seen in © when I raise the end the profile twists along the path. Is there a way I can have a twisting sloping nurb but with the profile remaining flat in its correct orientation, as in a stair handrail which is what I?m modelling. I have attached the file.

Using VW2010 fundamentals

Jon - You might have what you need, already. Select your extrude with the raised path, and in the OIP, check the box for Lock Profile Plane.

Another comment - The breadloaf profile you are extruding has a lot of vertices. The drawing will respond better if you recreate the profile with fewer vertices. Eg trace half of it with the polyline spline, and mirror it. You will need a few corner points for the bottom area. I was able to get it down from 95 to 25 points.

-B

Jon - Easy fix: The path is wrong direction.

Dbl click to edit your extrude.

Choose Edit Path.

Select the Path and in OIP check the Show Direction box to see that the arrows point from top to bottom.

Click the OIP Reverse Direction bar (arrows will point from curl to top of path).

Dismiss the dialog.

Now the EAP profile is upside down.

Edit the EAP again and choose Edit Profile.

Select the profile polyline and rotate it 180? - eg press Cmd L twice or use the Rotate tool or the Rotate command.

At least the ends will be correct orientation. The path has kind of an abrupt transition between curl at bottom and straight rail. Maybe edit that shape a bit?

-B