Multi Line Sheet Title

Hey guys!

We recently upgraded from VW2008 to 2014 with Renderworks and Spotlight. We were really excited to try out the Automatic Drawing Coordination features, specifically the title block along with batch export.

After spending today pulling my hair out over a common problem with the sheet title, namely, not being able to spread over multiple lines without a knock-on effect.

I've illustrated the issue below...

vw_name_problem.jpg

In FIG.1 the sheet name is taken directly from the Organization panel. The sheet name appears on a single line, flowing off our border.

In FIG.2 the sheet name is changed in the border using the multi-line editing GUI.

FIG.3 This gives us a satisfactory result in title block, but unfortunately has the knock-on effect of cutting off the sheet title in the Organization panel, which would in turn lead to an incorrect filename once the sheets are published.

This is ridiculously frustrating for us, and represents an immediate stumbling block after an expensive upgrade.

Is there a way around this that I haven't been able to find in the forum?

Many thanks!

Yup, the text field was wrapped text prior to attaching the record to it, set to the required width of the sheet border. Once the the record is attached, the wrapped text checkbox becomes greyed out and the text field width shrinks to virtually nothing. This cannot be adjusted once the record is attached.

The input area was appended with # to allow multiline input, this is the only way I can get it to work, but unfortunately, if you refer to fig.3, the result is a messed up sheet title in Organization panel.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been an issue that frustrated us too. We found that if we added another field to our title blocks called something like "S_Sheet Title Line 2" linked to the title block record for our office, and then, in our list of drawings, used the concatenation function, i.e. =CONCAT(('our office title block data'.'S_Sheet Title_SD'),' ',('our office title block data'.'S_Sheet Title Line 2')), we were able to have both our Title Blocks and our Drawing Lists read satisfactorily. Only Sheet Titles appear in our navigation windows, but this has worked for us. It would sure be nice if the multiple-line fields would simply work like, I think that we all agree, they should, though.

Edited by Majic