printing transparencies

TKA

I just got a new HP laser printer CP5220 (a very common model) and most of my files don't print too well. Any transparency causes multiple problems : 50% transparent object appears almost invisible, some surrounding objects are partially distorted, texture maps print like there are misaligned printheads. Does anybody has the same problem? Solution like a different driver?

I have tested the issue also on OSX 10.8, VW 2011 and pdf in preview yields the same results,however, when saved through Adobe Pdf it prints correctly, but this is quite time consuming procedure

TKA

VW 2014, OSX 10.9.1 mac mini 2Ghz 7, 16GB RAM

We have the same issue. If transparencies are used we find that they effect nearby areas with rectangular transparencies where they are not desired. We use a Minolta for our color prints. I have not tried using Adobe to remedy the situation. Frankly, the tool provided should work, we should not need to use 3rd party software.

I am doing more tests:

create pdf via apple pdf, Adobe pdf and quartz, they all look the same in preview and Adobe reader, however, prints from Preview came out bad - same on all versions.

I opened the same set of pdf in Adobe and all prints came out good

TKA

VW 2014, OSX 10.9.1 mac mini 2Ghz 7, 16GB RAM

I have done tests for color line work and image and while the image prints OK line work and fonts in some colors do not, anything containing blue and magenta comes out with a halo. The blue lines have duplicate in magenta noticeable with naked eye. This is blue from "classic" color palette 5th from upper left.

all my printers have been ink jets, this is the first laser printer I have (it supposed to make my life easier). The ink jets print perfect and I never had problems of that sort. I have determined that the color problem is most likely HP and I am in touch with regarding that.