Display non-lighting images in schedules

From the Webinter on January 23, reports can now be displayed with lighting instrument images. Is it possible for the reports to include images of set/prop/drapery pieces as well? I tried making the non-lighting pieces into symbols, but not able to make it work.

Documents such as the Elements Chart ? set/prop/rigging pieces for each act and each scene would be useful, especially with images, for stage managers and the crew.

Any one tried??

On watching the Webiner video again, found that non-lighting devices work by,

Spotlight > Create Report > List all: Symbols

My/your next task is to find out how to export/cut/paste onto Excel/Word as the report is likely to be changed by ASM?s at two sides of the stage during rehearsals.

And this demanding user is asking if it is possible to display Viewports on the reports when the locations on/off stage can be shown??

Please share your experience in the area.

I do more facilities work than productions so this is fairly normal for me.

I create a worksheet and set the 'criteria' to the layers and classes I want to work with. Then include type=symbol. It's very helpful to know the symbol name can be shown with =S and many more are under 'Paste Function' of the worksheet pull down menu. SUM on the name column and you have a legend.

Once you have your worksheet you can use the image function in the header row and many formatting tools on the cell formatting images tab.

If all that is a bit fast, or I missed a point you can look into the discussion at General Support

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I normally use layers and classes for each scene that way I don't have to move objects and I can just used saved vies to change scenes.

As Rick said you can then put the layers or classes in the worksheet to determine if the object is on stage or off stage in a scene without actually moving the object.

If you are actually moving the object on and off stage you can use the LOC criteria to determine if the object is within another object. (It uses the center of the object to determine if an object in in or not.)

In this sample I attached a record to the circles to make the criteria and named the rectangle "Stage Area".

=(LOC='Stage Area') would return "True" or "False" depending on if the circle is in or out of the Stage Area. I used an if statement to display "On Stage" or "Off Stage".

In this sample I used records just to show that you don't need to just report on symbols. Reporting on attached records is usually better so that you don't have to make everything a symbol.