text scale in VW10

Thanks for your reply Andy.

No luck though, I looked at every layer scale, and the scale text box is checked. Still, if I edit|copy text from a layer with a scale of 1:10, and edit|paste onto a 1:50 layer, the text dosen't scale up like it should.

I just tried it on VWA9.5 and the behaviour is the same.

Please tell me, how do you cut and paste text between layers of different scales?

Thanks again

Hi Mat,

Seems like something must be wrong. The "Scale Text" check box actually works more like an application preference setting. That is to say, it is not specific to each layer, but to the entire document (or any open documents).

If it is turned on, text that is copied and pasted will scale according to the destination layer's scale (as compared against the source layer's scale), thus changing the text's font size.

If it's turned off, text that is cut and pasted remains at it's font size.

HTH.

Going from 1:10 to 1:50, the text should get smaller.

I just tried it on VW 9.5.3 and VW 10 and it works just fine.

Just make sure the Scale Text checkmark box is checked in both layers.

[ 11-14-2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Thanks both for your help.

Katie, I would have hoped "Going from 1:10 to 1:50, the text should" ... actually print on paper the same size. This means then that 2.5mm text on the 1:10 layer will be 12.5mm high on the 1:50 layer.

However, the more I play with this, the more I realise I'm trying to do something which simply isn't possible.

thanks again u 2

1:50 scale is a smaller scale than 1:10 meaning that objects will appear SMALLER on that scale.

To make an object LARGER on the 1:50 scale, you'll need to size up the drawing with "Scale objects" command under the Tool Menu.

quote:

Originally posted by Mat Caird:

[...] I would have hoped "Going from 1:10 to 1:50, the text should" ... actually print on paper the same size.

Turning the "scale text" check box OFF on your "Layer Scale..." panel will make your copied text look always the same size when printed.

Turning it ON will make the text behave like an ordinary drawing object, it will appear smaller at 1:50 than at 1:10 (but will be the same size relative to the building beeing drawn).