Sheet size wrong w/ HP650C

Our HP DesignJet 650C will not plot correctly using VW 9.5.2. We have recently updated the driver, and it plots correctly with AutoCAD. The problem is this: When you select a D size sheet in print setup, then go to Page->Set Print Area -> One Page, you get a printable area of 32.58 x 21.51 inches. This is way smaller than the printable area the machine is capable of: 35 x 23. Moreover, the image is set on the sheet so that the top margin is 1/2 inch, and the bottom margin is 2" or so. With roll feeding, it cuts off the sheet at around 33" instead of 36". Apparently the driver for this machine is not interacting correctly with VW. Please advise about how to solve this problem!

System:

Printer is shared from our server, operating with NT4.0. Server has driver version 4.00 installed.

My station: WinXP, VW 9.5.2, P4 2.2G, 512MB RAM

Download and install the new driver version 4.62 just released a few weeks ago.

Then try to print.

Also, make sure you are selecting Oversize Ansi D and not just Ansi D.

An Ansi D size sheet of paper is 22x34 which would be about 21.x by 32.x - about what you are getting.

Katie,

You may have hit upon the problem - there is no choice of D sheets, just the one option "D size sheet." I find it odd that a plotter wouldn't print an Architectural D sheet. There is no custom size available either. AutoCAD doesn't give us a problem with this plotter - I guess it's their plotter interface software coming into play.