Eyedropper Tool

In VW 8.5 it was possible to pick up the cavity wall lines settings from a drawn wall and then "drop" them onto another wall, (ie. one of the same width that was originally drawn without cavity lines). This saved so much time

However if I now save a VW8 drawing as a VWA 9 one and then draw a new wall using the Select Wall Type Command I cannot use the Eyedropper tool to pick up the cavity settings from the new wall to then deposit them on a wall drawn previously in VW8.

Am I doing something wrong?

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

It looks like in VW 9.5.2/3 you can't do it still.

VW 10.0.0 you can. I was able to get it to work in a new 10 document as well as a converted 8 to 10 document.

In VWA 10, if the wall has a record attached to it the eyedropper tool will not pick up/paint the

cavities onto another wall. If the wallrecord is

removed then it works.

• 1 year later...

I saw your discussion and wondered if you could help.

I have been using the VW10.x on Mac OSX since May last year, and I have experienced a number of problems with simple tasks.

When I use the dropper tool it locks-up and/or crashes my VW. It is so annoying as firstly, i'm not trying to pick attributes from any complex objects such as text or walls etc. Secondly, this is a very important tool for my work and i am unable to use it.

I wondered if anyone know of a remedy to this problem?? [Frown][Confused]

Have you run Disk Utility to Verify and Fix disk permissions lately?

If you haven't, run that and see if the problem is fixed.

If it's not, there could be a corrupt object in the drawing causing the problem .. or some other underlying thing.

If Disk Utility doesn't fix the problem, contact tech support at tech@nemetschek.net and have them help you in detail with the problem.