Wall End cap on non cased opening

George K

Hi

Tried but for some odd reason it doesn't seem to upload the images or files

so here is a visual description!

Blockwork wall with render on both sides. Insert a door (non cased opening). Opening formed but render does not return in to opening. This gives the desired effect in elevation but not in plan

A way around it in plan is by creating a cased opening and changing the jamb hatch and thickness to match the render giving the desired effect in plan but when viewed in elevation you get the jamb line appear around the door.

GK

If by "render" you mean "Texture" (??) then you can try selecting the Wall, clicking on the Render Tab in the Object Info Palette (OIP) and making sure that the Wall Part "Opening" (and "Start Cap" and "End Cap") are set to use the Texture?

To post an image, click on the Switch to Full Reply Screen button, below. Then click on File Manager>Choose File>Add File>Done Adding Files. I know it's tedious, but that's the way it is...

Hi Peter,

By render i mean plaster finish on either side of blockwork .

So wall buildup is 15mm Plaster, 140mm Blockwork, 15mm Plaster.

i would like the plaster to return into the opening in the same way you can do with the wall end cap tool.

GK

Tried image thing but still no luck. has worked in the past.

Hi Vincent,

Thanks the solution you are proposing creates an alcove, what i want to achieve is a wall opening with the wall finish (in this case 15mm Plaster) returning into the wall thickness.

So a cheat is to create a cased opening where the thickness and material 'texture' of the jamb matches the wall finish (15mm plaster) However when viewed in elevation (hidden line) you can see the jamb line go round the door.

My files were below 5mb. (it was a vw file with a wall and two doors)