VW2014 Publish printing & PDF

WAMM

I use several printers accross a network for A4 to A0 size printing and for various software for drawing, letters, etc.

In VW2014 (SP2 Fundamentals Architect) Page Setup I select the printer and sheet size required.

However, using Publish these print settings are all ignored and the print is sent to the default printer and settings?

This was never an issue in VW2013 Batch Printing as there was an option box to adjust the print settings.

Short of going into my Apple's settings and changing the default printer every time before I use this command is there a setting in VW2014 that I am missing?

(Whinge: I thought the old Batch Print and Batch PDF settings were great tools for exporting drawings quickly. The new Publish PDF settings are unecessarily complicated and the output PDF files are created within a file within another file which you need to search for. I am a great believer in upgrades to simplify things. Its like an AutoCAD software designer has got a job at VW; do what Apple do so well - simplify things. End of whinge.)

Edited by LDA
  • 2 weeks later...
when I publish in mac - preview does not see fonts ??

It doesn't see all fonts? Are there multiple fonts in the drawing? In my experience this means a font object has become corrupted.

I normally use process of elimination to find it. Working with a copy of my original file I delete half the sheet layers and try again. If the problem remains, I undo and delete the other half of the sheet layers. I keep sorting through things until I find the problem sheet or object. Note that I have had a text object in the title block become corrupted and its not easily found by this method because it appeared on all sheets.

Kevin