9.5.3 update not working...

Hi All

I downloaded the 9.5.3 update for Mac 9.1 today and it doesnt seem to work. I have 9.5.2 working fine and the updater says it has updated everything and that I should rename the application but the "About Vectorworks" shows 9.5.2 and the update process seems too short to really work. Is this update really that small? Does it register as a change on the info window?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Vik.

The update is fairly small.

To check to make sure the application is VW 9.5.3 - you need to launch the application. Go to the Apple and select About VW. The upper right hand corner will tell you the version of VW you are using.

Vik,

I recently had the same problem when updating our licenses on each machine. On one machine, though the process occurred just as you described.

What should happen is that you should see a progress bar. The process takes about 1 minute. On the machine of mine that it didn't work on, it just zipped through in under 5 seconds, and nothing but the false positive. Luckily, we're networked and it worked on 2 other machines, so I simply copied an updated application from one machine to this one and done.

You might try a similar approach.

Vik,

Is it possible you renamed the VW application itself prior to the upgrade? If you did, when installing the upgrade it will actually create a new application in the VectorWorks folder.

Look in your VectorWorks folder for two copies of the application. If there is more than one, the one that just says "VectorWorks" will be the new one.

The updater will only replace the original application file if the name is "VectorWorks", otherwise it creates a whole new application and does not delete the old one.

If you have both versions,and you double click a document, it will launch the older version.

[ 11-14-2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: PeterT ]

• 1 month later...

This is still a problem.

I experienced the same behavior as Irving observed on several of our machines, but I can't discern any pattern as to why it works on some but not others.

If the installer works, it generates this log:

Monday, January 6, 2003 9:26 AM Beginning installation.

Update to VW 9.5.3

Type of Install: Easy Install

Installed David HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):VectorWorks ARCHITECT 9.5.2:VW Resources

Installed David HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):VectorWorks ARCHITECT 9.5.2:VectorWorks

Monday, January 6, 2003 9:26 AM

The installation is complete.

BUT if the installer fails, it generates a false success message, and the log reads like this:

Monday, January 6, 2003 7:58 AM Beginning installation.

Update to VW 9.5.3

Type of Install: Easy Install

Monday, January 6, 2003 7:58 AM

The installation is complete.

And it's still 9.5.2. This seems like a shoddy installer that could be improved, considering this is the "final" release for 9.5.x.

Thanks,

Chris