Glass with wire texture

Bruce Kieffer

Here's what I did. I created a grid of layer plane lines and gave them a color of light gray, and I placed the grid on my sheet of glass then duplicated that. Seems to work fine and give me the illusion I want. I was trying to figure out why the rear sheets of glass are so dark, and I think that's because there's nothing behind them. I will mess with that more.

I wonder if it will make a difference if you change the plane from which the extrude is created? In other words, maybe try extrude a very skinny (1/4"?) panel, from a frontal view?? I seem to recall dealing with this exact issue at some point, but I can't remember how it got solved, only that is was pretty simple...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Renderworks should say so in the tool tip, or in the dialog box, but it doesn't.

The tooltips absolutely need some serious polish.

I'll have a 101 series out "soon?" :whistle: on Vectorworks Service Select that will cover the Renderworks shaders in great detail. They're very cool once you know how to use them, but with so much esoteric terminology in the Renderworks Texture dialogue box it takes a lot of explaining.