OpenGL not working with Instruments

bjw

For some reason, in the past three days, VW 2013 has stopped rendering my Spotlights (added via Instrument Insertion tool) in OpenGL. They work fine in Fast Renderworks, however. Lights added via the Light Tool, however, render fine in both OpenGL and Fast Renderworks.

I have all ambient and indirect lighting turned off, we are viewing in Unified View, and all pertinent Layers are on.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, and I can't nail down the timeline perfectly, but I DID recently reset my Saved Setting.

Any thoughts?

thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

OpenGL only supports 8 lights. VW will use the first 8 lights it finds.

Resetting your preferences could have reset your openGL options, make sure you have the use transparency/textures/shadows option turned on for openGL. You may also have to select a different quality or other openGL potions. Lighting devices need to have transparency in order for the light to exit the Lighting Device.

Make sure all your Lighting Devices have the lights turned off and you only have a few Lights objects turned on in the drawing.

Thanks Kevin. I've already adjusted my OpenGL preferences, though Transparency is no longer an option for OpenGL rendering. I've only got two instruments in the test file I'm using right now, and they are both assigned Default Instrument Texture by Class, and I adjusted that texture to include transparency by color just in case.

Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help...first day of class is Tuesday and I'd really like to solve this by then.

-B