Detail for doors and Windows

Rolf

Hi Rolf!

No one seems to have anything constructive to come with regarding your request so I'll give it ago (NVs representatives are probably looking the other way and blushing right now) :

In these parts both the image representation with dimensions and a certain amount of worksheet info is required for window/door construction drawings.

I have found that (for me) the best way of setting this up is to create a special window/door layer on which I place an instance of each window/door type in the project side by side (with or without the corresponding annotation) (annotation can be placed in viewports too). I then create 2 viewports (plan and elevation) and a worksheet on a Sheet layer to create the construction drawings.

This method is the closest to a fully automated workflow I can get in VWs that adhere to local building standards here.

Problems to count with using this workflow are:

- One extra of each window type to count with in relation to volume take offs. (dimensionable/vector images in worksheets has been wished for)

- A special script to select all instances(incl. the extra one!) of one type when editing (if you don't use symbols) (saving instances of a window setup has been wished for)(selecting a window type by ID has been wished for)

- No associative dimensioning in 3D (has been wished for)

- No vertical worksheet setup (I prefer to have all relevant info under each window type however this isn't currently possible in VWs) (has been wished for)

Edited by Vincent C

Mike, the example above is the nearest I can get to lokal standards however it should look like this (this was done in ArchiCAD fully automated btw so, change the door and you don't need to do any changing in this sheet layout) (if I recall correctly I think it is also possible to associate dimension the doors which is not shown here):

Edited by Vincent C