GDL Programming

Can anybody explain anything about GDL programming?

I have heard that it generates "rules based" parametric objects. I think this would allow you to introduce conditional statements into your objects. These objects might, for example, take on differing characteristics depending on how you toggle some other parameter.

Can GDL operate outside the Archicad environment?

Can GDL objects be used inside a vectorworks drawing?

Would this provide a path to ODBC?

I appreciate anyone's insight on this.

Thank you.

Comp Sci and Math mostly, I had one political science class and thought it was a waste of time. Some have Electrical Engineering, some Physics. No Political Science degrees that I know of.

I am quite serious about that statement though. I have seen features dropped/added based on a mass of complaints/wishes from customers. So continue to voice your wishes. I would enjoy working on a project like that. I think it would be interesting but then the project I am currently on would not get done.. and I think most users would rather see this project get done than have ODBC capabilities.

Robert

It is German software that is a bolt on to Vectorworks. They have about 1200 users in Germany I'm told. It might be called Interiorworks or Interiorcad not sure.

Interiorcad utilizes some sort of data base that generates the ancillary data ie task times and bill of materials from the drawings so I'm assuming that it comes through the data base in Vectorworks.If there is no Odbc then would that mean the data comes through the Api?