Problems printing to HP T120 large format printer now, but not before

Dubman

I've been printing to my new HP T120 large format printer with 24" roll bond paper. Purchased it may of last year & worked great right out of the box for 7 months @ 50 to 60 hours a week. No problems, now that the contract work is over I brought the computer my equipment to my home office & re-connected everything the same as before. Now it is clipping the bottom half of a 24"x36" page size for no reason. I've re-installed the printer driver & made sure all firmware is up to date. I can print from other software & PDF's on a whole 24"x36" page size with no problems. It seems to be only VectorWorks. I was using VW 2013 architect & just installed the 2014 version & same thing keeps happening.

Any suggestions ? Please help, soon starting another contract project & get rent for my printer, if it works.

Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you export from Vectorworks to a PDF, then print that PDF, it does indeed print as expected?

(Confirming as I am tracking a similar problem with a few users at the moment.)

Could you please attach a screenshot of your File > Page Setup dialogue as well?

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/892/How+to+take+a+Screen+Shot

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In the Page Setup dialogue, set it up according to these steps instead:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/800/Page+Setup

(the steps are designed for a different issue, but theyll work for this test.)

Then, please tell me if the print then appears the same as before, only getting half the drawing, or if not, what is different.

• 2 weeks later...

Turning OFF GDI+ imaging in Tools->Options->Vectorworks Settings->[Display]Tab allowed my T120 to plot the whole page instead of just half. I got this workaround from someone at Nemetschek.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to use any layer transparency. I've had this problem in VW2013 and VW2014.

-Henry