thank you

ionw

I just accidently discovered another improvement in VW10. I just option-dragged a door out of a wall and it made a duplicate! Yahoo! I know that in VW9 there were plugins for cloning existing PIOs or setting PIO Defaults, but much more straight forward to pull a copy of the one you want a copy of.

thanks again.

Ionw,

I hate to burst your bubble, but Option-Click and Option-Drag for creating duplicates have been around for a long time. They also work on multiply selected objects. After selecting a group of objects, Option-Click or Option-Drag on any one of them and the group is duplicated. The only down side I can think of is that this feature can confuse someone who is not used to using it.

I use Option-Drag in conjunction with the Duplicate shortcut (Cmd-D or Alt-D). After duplicating and offsetting the first object, press Cmd-D to repeat the process N times. It's a quick way to duplicate an array of objects. This works until you click elsewhere and then Cmd-D reverts to its default mode.

Happy cloning,

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

I guess I wasn't clear enough. The reason that I am so excited by this is that I am an avid user of option drag.

Here is an example to show what I mean. Open a doc in VW9 and insert a door or window into a wall. Now with the cursor one can position within the wall, and one can drag it out of the wall, right? Start with the object inserted into the wall, and here's where it gets good. Hold down the option key and drag the door or window out of the wall. and instead of duplicating the PIO, it just drags the PIO out of the wall and then you are free to option drag it to make your copy and then either copy, and then undo, paste the copy and place it or what ever method you prefer.

Now in VW10 do the exact same steps, it is different in that if you option drag the door or window out of the wall you get a copy of the PIO AND your original stays in place! A HUGE improvement.