3d cut section/no cap

Rolf

Hi Guys i'm having problem with the 3d cut section. After cutting a 3d. i export it to c4d to have a rendering. unfortunately may objects appears like sheets of paper but not like solid. there's no cap.

Can anyone help me solving this ?

I'm using VW 2014. I have an example in attached.

Guys, i still having that same problem. I used viewport.

John, can you please tell me what did you do exactly.

For me i create a "new layer" and a new "section viewport" on that new layer i sent it to C4d. nothing happen i got the same result. is there something i did or didn't do?

Please help

Rolf,

John, can you please tell me what did you do exactly.

Please help

This is what I did:

1) Draw objects on design layer.

2) Then go, View - Create Section Viewport...

3) Follow steps through the pop up info window. Create the section viewport on a new design layer.

4) With the active layer, export the model to C4D. Note, the model will need to be exported in a 3D view, top plan will not have the texture for the caps exported.

A text vwx file is attached, as while as a C4D file, you have to replace the extension of .vwx to .c4d in the C4D file to work. (can't upload that type via the file manager.)

Hope this helps.

John,

Thank you very much for your help but still. I have that broken geometry problem with the slab in your test file. Im trying to find a way because stairs are ok but the wall and the slab no..

Also before doing the above steps, make sure you have reverted the file to a state BEFORE you used Cut 3D Section, otherwise you will definitely still get the broken geometry no matter what you do afterwards.

with the John's test file it doesn't work.

Thank you guys if you have any idea don't hesitate.

warm regards