Rendered wall picture

LiinaL

Hi!

I study Interior Design and for my latest project I have problems with rendering. Everything in the picture is there what it needs to be put the pictures which I have put before walls do not appear. So, on this picture, when I look the back wall the picture of trees is there but they should also be shown on the side walls. If I look where the picture is positioned on the top plan it is definitely before the solid wall. Because the picture has to be certain size I haven't made it into a texture because as being an image fill it allows me to play with the size.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zQKj3trrPss/Urdk5PBSWwI/AAAAAAAAAHY/cSxqZ371Q4U/s1600/LibraryView2.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi LiinaL:

You should look into making that object an image prop rather than a 2D rectangle with image fill. The menu command is in the Model menu. There are several options, if you make an image prop out of the image you can later control the size through the Obj Info palette. Or, if you don't make an image prop you can instead use that command to just quickly make a textured 3D polygon (for a floor or ceiling instead of the walls) by unchecking the "Create Plug-In Object" checkbox.

Mixing 2D objects with image fills and "true" 3D objects works mostly but are more reliable as real 3D objects.

HTH!

Edited by Dave Donley