Sign in to follow this  
Clive Abben

Hardscape borders

I set up a hardscape as a lawn with timber border. I went to the reshape tool and selected the hide or show edges mode and cant seem to be able to remove any of the edges?

P.S. The Reshape tool only ever interacts with end points and midpoints - it's the same if you want to add vertices or remove vertices. They have to be added at these points.

I generally find applying a record format to my turf area is better and for the edging I use a different layer with record format. this allows for easier calculating with exact info. also quite easy to control on-off or adjust. and allows for classes if i need further adjustment and detail.

I do however think that the landscape area tool needs to be reworked to make allowances for not only plants in an area but mulch and rock areas and turf.

Thanks for that Tamsin, but I am getting no points showing up when i press the add remove edge button. They do when I press the other reshape tools, but not on the edge button?

Thanks for that Bryan. I have not done much with record formats and will have a go. Do you know of a good tutorial that I could use?

Thanks for that Tamsin, but I am getting no points showing up when i press the add remove edge button. They do when I press the other reshape tools, but not on the edge button?

Thanks for that Bryan. I have not done much with record formats and will have a go. Do you know of a good tutorial that I could use?