"Hide" edge of the ceiling grid in plan

fkfoster

Is there a way to hide the edge of the ceiling grid object in plan? Occasional we show new grid that is an extension of existing grid & I don't want the edge of the ceiling grid to show. My current work around is to covert to a group & delete lines. I would prefer not to have to do that.

I have attached a image showing what edges I would like to "hide".

Thanks!

The first thing I tried was to use the hide edges mode in the polyline edit mode but it doesn't seem to work once the polyline is a ceiling grid object. If I set the line fill to none all my "grid lines" disappear too, not just the ceiling grid edge. I guess I will add this to the wish list. Thanks for your help!

I have started to use slabs as ceilings assigned to different ceiling classes each with its own hatch to represent the different existing grids in the project. This way of doing ceilings is far more flexible and automated because the classes can be over riden, the hatch(grid) insertion point moved as well as the ceiling being connected to story settings and bound to walls.

Edited by Vincent C