New Topics Wanted - Vectorworks Training Content

PVA - Admin

Question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Do you have a training topic wish? Perhaps you want to learn how to do something specific with Vectorworks? Maybe you want to learn how to use a particular command or tool? Or perhaps you would like to learn about a specific workflow? Well, let us know what items would be most useful to you that you don' already see available for Vectorworks. 

If you have an item you'd like us to consider making, please reply to this post, including as many details as you can. We'll be constantly monitoring this and merging it with our list. Thank you for your feedback.

In light of the new Materials functionality in Vw2021, I would like to see an in-depth workflow video on using Materials and Worksheets for estimation of material cost / quantity take-offs. Preferably using styled Walls / Slabs / Roofs with components, as well as styled Doors & Windows. Thanks.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, rDesign said:

In light of the new Materials functionality in Vw2021, I would like to see an in-depth workflow video on using Materials and Worksheets for estimation of material cost / quantity take-offs. Preferably using styled Walls / Slabs / Roofs with components, as well as styled Doors & Windows. Thanks.

Since I do primarily design build, that's an excellent summation of what I've been thinking..  as well as advanced use of all data, data tags, worksheets, etc.. which are so useful for putting together both material costs, and keeping track of code requirements, sq. footage, footprint etc etc etc..  the uses are so numerous.

• Like 1