Same viewing location when switching from annotations to design layer

JohnS

Question

Often I am having to go from annotations to design layer to make tweaks -and every time I have to relocate the view back to the view I was looking at in annotations- very annoying. Need to be able to switch back and forth between annotations and design layer without having to worry about the view changing. Big time saver!!!!!

2 answers to this question

Well unfortunately not as simple as you would hope for but:

Either use the method above or use the Separate Sheet Views option in Vectorworks Prefs. contrary to what it says it also applies for Design Layers, (the down side to this method is that it works really well for what you want but if you want to have all sheets visible in the same way (eg if you want to change a number of title blocks one after the other) you'll need to zoom to the correct place in each individual sheet.)

(The option should be called Separate Sheet/Design Views to avoid confusion or have 2 check boxes one for SLs and one for DLs, you listening Jim? ;) )

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10037&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202013-12-14%20kl.%2009.43.33.png

Edited by Vincent C