Grey Level cannot be saved as preset in Mac Print Dialog

PeterT

Question

We change the gray level for grayed layers and classes depending on which printer we are using.

We used to be able to save the percentage of Gray as a preset in the print dialog so we could just choose the correct setup when going to a certain printer.

This has now been broken for several versions of Vectorworks, and whatever level of gray you set and save, it does not hold, and reverts to whatever it was set to before the save.

In fact, none of the checkboxes in the Vectorworks tab of the print dialog can be saved as a preset, so it is back to the dark ages where you either write down or take a screen shot of your various setups so the next time you want that print setup you can remember the settings.

Apple has built this preset functionality into the print dialog for a reason. I wonder why Vectorworks chooses to ignore it.

Presets work in v 2011, Presets are broken in v. 2012, 2013, 2014.....

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Verified it keeps whatever the last user-specified grey level was on a 10.6 machine here too.

Go ahead and send a description of the problem you're having as well as this from your machine:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

to tech@vectorworks.net and we can have a look.

Edited by JimW
it saves the last gray level set

Jim,

Are you saying you can save two different setups and switch between the two?

For example, do a print call, uncheck all the check boxes and save as "setup 1", then re-check all check boxes and save as "setup 2".

Then switch between the two setups. Are you saying the boxes all remain unchecked when you choose "Setup 1" and remain all checked when you choose "Setup 2"?

This is not the case on my machine since version 2011.

Exactly, now try it in version 2011 and you will see the presets hold for various different setups just fine. This problem started with version 2012 and has been there ever since.

And it is only a problem with the settings in the Vectorworks tab of the Print dialog. I can save different setups for "printer features" or "Layout" or "Color settings" or any of the other tabs. This tells me this is a Vectorworks specific issue, not a print center problem.