v2014 crash monster

Christiaan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Categorically disagree. SP3 Crashes as often as SP2.- No change. 2014 should be renamed CRASHMASTER 2014. Runs out of memory, corrupted walls, PIO's. No consistent pattern. Vaporizes panning, or rendering a viewport. Doesn't matter. I have to save every 30-50 operations so (10 undos) so that I don't continue to lose the money that the software is costing me to use. Its an unstable piece of garbage. The fact that this software is still running 32bit when as I understand it, all the competition has converted to 64bit is a bad business decision and short sighted. Its like driving a ferrari down a rocky dirt road full of potholes...

Imported a basic single page pdf into vectorworks, a simple bathroom plan with elevations, then ungrouped the pdf to access some of the linework.

Once ungrouped, Vectorworks slowed down to a crawl until the spinning beachball required me to restart.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 months countdown to 64bit multi processor has begun in my head.

Good thing we went ahead and bought our upgrades for 2014!!

Got this nice error message on my first crash of the morning.

Make sure to contact support directly about that one, that will be something that can be resolved normally.

"Categorically disagree. SP3 Crashes as often as SP2.- No change. 2014 should be renamed CRASHMASTER 2014"

This is our experience. VW 2014 SP3 crashing every hour or so most dayswithout any discernible pattern and losing work along the way. We have set auto save to every 5 minutes.

Also make sure that you are storing the files locally on your machine as well as storing the autosaves locally if you are encountering random crashing. Trying to save over a network to another machine, a server or a NAS can exacerbate these problems.

I have to say SP3 is way more stable for me than earlier, - and the 100% reliable Attributes Mapping crash is all but disappeared.

However, it does crash and report out of memory errors and fail to save still ... but much less than SP2.

(for me)

I have autosave set to 60 operations but have acquired a mutation where I cmd-S before any perceived heavy lift.

Edited by bcd
I have to say SP3 is way more stable for me than earlier, - and the 100% reliable Attributes Mapping crash is all but disappeared.

However, it does crash and report out of memory errors and fail to save still ... but much less than SP2.

(for me)

I have autosave set to 60 operations but have acquired a mutation where I cmd-S before any perceived heavy lift.

My experience too, however i have autosave set every 2 minutes.

• 1 month later...

this program ! Three crashes in the same day on a small file of only 2d drawing & this third crash I lost lots of work. It really suck that saving does not help you nor does the back up file help. I guess I have to set the auto back ups to every minute!

This is very frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found a work around for image mapping to not crash VW2014

Instead of gripping the image whilst in the Atribute mapping Tool and Panning it with the mouse, you use the offset H and V in the OIP under Render tab.

If I try to pan it, it will crash instantly

Is there not yet a fix for this??

I have found a work around for image mapping to not crash VW2014

Instead of gripping the image whilst in the Atribute mapping Tool and Panning it with the mouse, you use the offset H and V in the OIP under Render tab.

If I try to pan it, it will crash instantly

Is there not yet a fix for this??

What happened when you contacted support directly? Was it filed as an issue?

http://www.vectorworks.net/international/