Scaling text in viewport form external file

If I have a plan in my file and am doing a blow up detail of part of the plan on a saved sheet via viewport , the text is huge .

I can go into Object Info and select Advanced properties and scale text so it looks same as other text. Problem solved.

BUT

If I import a plan from external resource [ another file ] and import the plan into a larger scale , for say , millwork , the text is huge.

Is there a way to control this as we did with above > Object Info and select Advanced properties and scale text so it looks same as other text.

When I do , the dialogue box is limited and doesn't give me the option to scale text . We have been looking on web for answers , but nothing

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Ian

Edited by Ian Graham

importing into a design layer, creating a viewport in design layer . For example I am doing a vanity millwork detail , plan , elevations , sections and details , I will import the plan from the architectural file . I will try doing everything as viewports in saved sheets to see if I can remedy this.

Thanks !

Ian