VW 8.5.2 Exporting Images

I have a Mac Powerbook, G3, OS 9.2.2 used for Civil Drawings and Plats of Survey. My local blueprint company uses TIFF files for printing purposes and they must be 1200 dpi or more to relieve the jagged appearance. Exporting a PICT file in the Export menu does not work because it is 72dpi. I try and use the Export images menu item and the exported files is cropped or not completed as shown on the VW file. How can I get the image centered and entirely exported? Changing the export size sometimes works with smaller sized files 11X17 but larger files are reduced to less accuracy and unacceptable. Nooving the drawing on the screen does not work, it always send the same incomplete image. Sometimes changing the origin will affect it, but not with predictable results. Help, Help, Help. When I do get the file to export by accident, it works just fine and prints even better.

The image export feauture in VW does not handle very large / high rez images for printing well.

In your version the only way to increase the resoulution is to do the math out. DPI * desired image size in inches = #pixles of image data you would need to export.

A much better soultion for this type of problem is to use VW's printing subsytem for this.

You can use VW and the AdobePS driver to create a PostScript file which many shops can print, or you can use a 3rd party product like MacPlot to create a windows style print file.

However, the best solution for you IMHO is to download and install the shareware "Print2PDF" from www.jwwalker.com. This is a Printer driver for the Mac that will let you make a high rez PDF file for your print shop. (I'm yet to meet a print shop that will not accept a PDF file)

[ 11-02-2002, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Matthew Giampapa ]