Flipped symbols render darker than normal.

AlHanson

In my rendering I have some detailed meshes that I've imported from a client and adapted to symbols and did some flipping/mirroring to ease the pain VectorWorks was feeling. However, when rendering, these flipped symbols render darker. It's happening in all render styles and is very apparent when done as a white model render. Anybody know what's causing this and how to avoid it? I'm sure I can fix this by going back and reworking some of the symbols, but that'll take more time that I'd like to avoid if possible. I'm using VW2013 SP5.

Edited by AlHanson

I've just added a file with a couple of the mesh symbols. In prepping this file I figured out exactly whats causing it- I have Mesh Smoothing with Crease Angle turned on in the document to smooth out some of the other mesh objects I have in this file like a car. I still don't quite understand why that would cause this to happen however. Turning the smoothing off does fix the problem but it makes for ugly blocky renderings on some of the non native VWX objects I had to import.