Editing Symbol - Velux Skylight.

RCrussellUK

I'm trying to edit the Velux skylight from the resource browser to make it closed rather than open. I managed to set the skylights origin correctly so that it sits in the roof as it should, but as soon as I try to go in and edit the 3D object it doesn't operate as expected, and the geometry keeps disappearing on the screen?

Guest Wes Gardner

I agree, something's up with OpenGL. Things don't show up...however, Hidden Line and Final Quality Renderworks seem OK. I CAN however edit the skylight to get it to close (Edit 3D Component, ungroup then rotate the glazed part to the closed position and exit editing function)

I've included a file and a screen shot.

Jim Wilson ??? You there or are you eating turkey? Sorry, we have this odd holiday over here...:-)

Oh yeah... happy thanksgiving to those of you that side of the Atlantic!

One of those unexplained anomalies: I tried your test file, it worked without any hitch. Went back and my own skylights edited fine. I guess I could have done something wrong previously and just taking a step back helped me avoid on the next attempt.

I do remember when trying to rotate them on the previous attempt I was having trouble getting out of screen plane and into the working plane...