Naming Irrigation Lines in a Worksheet

I am pulling together a worksheet for irrigation materials that clearly states each product.

I can do this with irrigation heads and clearly state the product to be used for specification purposes as there are a few editable text fields.

I tried to list the objects name but discovered that this is not possible as it is a Plugin Object (red symbol).

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hmmmm?..

Just looked at the default Irrigation Head Schedule.

If you are using that schedule with red symbols:

1. In the database criteria, click the checkbox to include objects in symbols.

2. Not sure what a "Precipitation Rate" is in real life, but I'm pretty sure that =('Irrigation Head'.'Precipation Rate') isn't what was intended. Change that to the correct spelling: =('Irrigation Head'.'Precipitation Rate') and you will get a useful result.

hth

mk

There are a couple ways of doing this.

The most straightforward way is to use the Name field in the data tab of the OIP. All objects have this field, although some objects generate unique IDs and populate this field automatically.

The database call for the name of an object is =N.

Unfortunately, you can't change the name from the worksheet, only from the OIP. ( Jim??. :) )

Like the Irrigation Head Schedule worksheet, the default Irrigation Line Schedule has a couple clerical errors.

Change the format of the data in the Diameter column to be a dimension.

Change the call for the number of 10' pieces to be

=('Irrigation Line'.'LineLength')/10

or

=(('Irrigation Line'.'LineLength')/10)

example attached

hth

mk

Edited by michaelk

Whoops. Just noticed you are in a land that doesn't measure objects by base 2 fractions of twelfths of the foot of the dead king of another country?.

Your localized version might not have those mistakes.

btw - it's super easy to add your own record format and attach whatever data you want to whatever objects you want. So if you want to number them, schedule what manifold they are attached to, ? other things about irrigation I know nothing about?, etc -

Just create the record format with the fields you want, select all the objects in question, attach them, and call them in your worksheet database.

It's much easier to enter the data into the worksheet, where you can copy and paste, than select each object and type it into the OIP.

mk

Edited by michaelk

Problem just solved.

I just discovered the Plugin Manager.

Go to the Plugin manager and add whatever field you like.

I added Manufacturer and Model to replicate what is in the Irrigation Heads plugin.

Restart VW and edit the newly added object fields.

I can now report on irrigation lines and show product info.

Will still be looking at Archoncads suggestion of using a record format. This will give more flexibility to the lines.

Thanks again for your help.