Hardscape tool

alfresco

Once again,

I am working on another landscape design with a site model. I have placed structures on the site and have a number of hardscape elements. I am adjusting the grades and setting elevations. When I am designed hardscape especially adjacent to residential structures, I always specify a slope to facilitate drainage. It would be very advantageous to have a hardscape tool that has the ability to set a slope and accurately reflect proposed grades. Elevations could be better managed when implementing hardscape if the designer has the ability to set hardscape elevations at specific points.

Thanks, lm

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Agree it would be nice, but here's a suggestion for how to get the correct levels and the benefits of the hardscape tool:

Use the Grade tool to set the appropriate finished grade elevations with the desired slope value.

Then, use the Hardscape tool as a Texture Bed Modifier in 3D, so that it lies on the surface of the site model at the correct elevations.

Tamsin,

Thank you vey much for the suggestion. I have used textured beds for rendering and agree it it works well. I do think that there would be many advantages if we had greater flexibility by setting hardscapes with actual dimensions including thickness on site models with the prescribed slope. I think that it would be advantageous for sections, details and streamline the workflow process. I am an advocate of producing drawing that reflect actual site conditions. I will continue as you suggested. Always helpful!

Thanks,

lm