Issue all of a sudden with place plant tool.

jpetty_la

I have never had any issues while using the poly-vertex mode (multiple plant) placement tool. But this morning my boss is having a strange issue when using this tool.

Normally if you wanted say 3 plants you single click where you want the first 2 then double click on the 3rd plant to finish your placement. What is now happening is that when we double click to finish placement we are getting at least 1 extra plant. No matter how hard we try its not acting the way it should. I tried to think what could have caused this overnight and only on my bosses computer but it seems to be that this would not be a desired option to finish with 2-3 stacked plants at the end of a massing.

Has anyone seen or heard of this happening?

Btw. we are using vectorworks landmark 2012 if that helps.

Thanks!

Re extra plant - Could this be a mouse malfunction on the boss's computer? I sometimes find an extra vertex when ending a poly or NURBS curve, but only with one of the mice I use. Same mouse had strange drag/select behavior in all software, not just Vectorworks. New batteries helped at first. Replaced it. All better now.

-B

I bought a new Asus puter ? specs below ? about 9 months ago and used its Asus mouse and keyboard ? on it was having a similar problem for months which I thought was me or VW snapping tolerances were too fine - whatever

I bought a new laptop to replace my old one three weeks ago with similar specs to my desktop and thought I would install VW and have it ready as my back up machine so I could keep working if something went wrong with my desktop machine. On the old laptop and new was using an external monitor and Logitech keyboard and mouse

As soon as I began using VW on it with the Logitech keyboard and mouse I could not believe what rubbish the Asus mouse was

So of course now am using a Logitech keyboard and mouse on my desktop drawing puter and have not had a problem with ?final click plant duplication? ? let?s call it

D