Skylight... or not.

RCrussellUK

Guest Wes Gardner

Hey Russell,

Try mine...I've taken a skylight out of the Library (Velux) and saved it in the Resource Browser. Then dragging it from the Resource Browser, first hovering over an edge of the roof face makes the roof highlight OR hovering over the center of the roof object makes the roof highlight whereupon I can just drop it on the roof. The default MAY be that it first creates a dormer but that's easy enough to change in the editing dialog.

If something isn't working maybe we can get Jim Wilson in to see what's up...

Wes

• 7 months later...

Just a little follow up on this after a frustrating 15 mins of fiddling:

What the Help files/Tutorials don't clearly explain is that the 'Insert in Walls' setting in the symbol must be checked and when you select the symbol for insertion, the 'Wall Insertion Mode' must be active also, otherwise the roof will not accept the symbol.......

• 2 years later...

Another question seeing as I'm the topic of roofs.

I've been using an older version of VW for some years now and doing the roof works fine. Now I've upgraded to VW 2016, I'm doing a roof the same way. In the design the roof appears fine, yet in the elevations on a sheet there are lines in the roof from corner to corner and now I have a skylight the lines angle to the skylight then away to the corners.

I've tried isolating classes to see if that was the issue but nothing changed and it's only on the one layer. Not sure whats going on here.

Any suggestions?