Key Board short cuts in 9.5 in WinDoz

I am a Mac user. I delivered a client a drawing who is a PC user. He has a question I can't answer. In Vector Works 9.5 (PC) some keyboard commands (rotate the "=" typed twice for example) hi-lites the rotate tool but does not take him to the box where one can type say 45degrees. I have looked in preferences and workspace but have not found his answer. Any thoughts?

The = shortcut is to activate the 2d Rotate tool. You cannot enter in a degrees in a dialog box for this tool. When the user keys the = key, they can then use the mouse to rotate the object in 2d. Using the angle snap 45d smart cursor cue will allow them to get to 45d.

They can also use the Rotate command and enter in a rotate value. This command is under the Tool menu. There are a number of rotate options. The plain ol rotate keyboard shortcut is " Ctrl * ".

Thanks I will tell him about this. But as for your comment about the = command. I know that on the Mac side in VW8.5, (and before my client updated to VW9 on the PC side) typing the = twice in rapid succession was the same as double clicking on the rotate tool. A box opened that allowed the rotational angle to be typed. With your comments, I take it to mean this is accomplished with a different shortcut now? (the "4" key typed twice also would bring him to create a rectangle it only selects the rectangle tool now. Has this also changed?) I find his shortcut keys seem to be "hit or miss" often he has to move the mouse to select the arrow tool then the keyboard shortcuts will work (sort of). Is the answer in the manual, or is it in the fact that my client uses a clone Window machine (and windoz98)?