Mac - "Unexcepected Error"

Thanks for the reply, Vector Works is what does not launch. I have done all the standard stuff, rebuilt desktop, started without extensions, run Norton, trashed down loads from the past week, and re-installed the programme. All with no luck. My last thought is to wipe the drive and re-install everything.

Are you launching the program by double clicking on a file, double clicking on an alias, or double clicking on the application from within in the VW 8 folder?

Do you get the message right away or do you get a splash screen and then you get the error, or does the application launch and draw the drawing area and THEN get the error?

This information can help determine where the problem is.

That's probably the problem.

When you install QT 5 or QT 6 there are some necessary components that do not get installed by default like they did with QT 4.

When installing QT 5 and 6, you need to use the CUSTOM install rather than the typical install.

If you are using VW 8, I do not recommend using QT 6 since there are a number of isses with that. Those issues were addressed with VW 9.5.3.