Workflow for working with constantly updating drawings

@GatoWorks - Thanks those look useful, my only concern with them is that if we needed to propose minor amendments to the GAs, this would be the best workflow, as far as i can tell this will reference the other drawing but not allow you to directly work on it, correct ?

I was thinking about just copying out all our classes with the fit marks and just matching up the fit marks on the new drawing, is that a normal approach ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As Jonathan described, Workgroup referencing is intended to reference a file that you are not going to touch, however if you have the urge to fiddle with the 3rd party's file you may want to have an intermediate file where you will import the 3rd party's file > fiddle with it and then reference it, but be aware of the "BUS" ;)

If you just want to override their classes and their Layers (classes) are standard you could use the Standard Naming in the Document Settings and edit one of the users to your liking

Edited by GatoWorks