Multiple section styles in section viewports?

I'm wondering if there's anyway to have section viewports generate a few different styles for the sectioned objects (i.e. denser hatches for certain objects, lighter line weights for more detailed pieces). I see there's an option for different classes for 'structural' objects, but I don't see anyway to specify what objects are 'structural.'

Ideas? Thanks.

The structural pieces are wall objects, slab objects, roof objects. Probably pillars. Probably Floor objects.

Slabs are the only one of those not available in Spotlight.

So you can assign the cut plane of those objects to one class and all others to another class.

The section viewport command doesn't have the granularity you're looking for. My s.o.p for this is to create classes with the hatches I want and no lines. Then in the annotation of the section VP use the polygon tool in the 2nd (paint bucket) mode to "paint" the hatches in.

Sadly, it won't update with the viewport so you need to redo them.

hth

mk

You could do this by separating your different structural elements out by class and then overlaying two or more of the same section viewports with the respective classes turned on or off. Each section viewport would need to have a different section style class assigned to it. It would be a bunch more drawing/class management to start, but it would update automatically.

Kevin

Thanks guys. I hadn't considered the layered viewport option, and resorted occasionally to the annotation solution Michael mentioned (and always worried I would forget about updating it when I change geometry).

Sounds like a feature request maybe? I imagine this being added as an attribute to classes, i.e. a 'section style' in addition to the standard line and fill options. That would be pretty great.

If the roadmap is moving towards 3D and generated sections, this kind of granularity would be necessary.