Can objects be visible throught Hidden Line Renders?

Gregmuzza

Hello,

Perhaps this post should be in a the 'General' forum, apologies if so.

I'm creating electrical and plumbing plans for a kitchen. I have an electrical layer (coloured red) and a plumbing layer(coloured blue). I also have a furniture layer with all my kitchen cabinets on.

I have created a section viewport with these three classes visible in a hidden line render.

The problem I have is that all my electrical and plumbing 'objects' (I'm actually creating 3d representations of sockets etc) cannot be seen through the cabinets which are hidden line. If I have a socket box on the wall behind a kitchen cupboard, the socket is visible in a plan viewport (which is wireframe) but not in my hidden line elevation section viewports.

Is there any way to select a layer or class and make it visible through ALL objects, even if it's a hidden line render?

I've played around with the 'opacity' settings in layer details, but this does not work in section viewports.

Thanks

Greg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You may be able to create two viewports, the main Hidden Line viewport, then on top of that you can have a second viewport (duplicated in place from the first) that renders in wireframe and only has the classes of the electrical and plumbing components visible.