bcd

Fillet greatest radius

Question

Rather than the fillet tool fail because the specified radius is too large I'd like it so suggest the largest possible radius and offer an accept/cancel option.

And the option to always do-

• Like 2

11 answers to this question

+1. I think there should be a law that prohibits programs from not completing a command without saying why and offering an alternative solution.

Agreed, constantly guessing and repeating the operation gets old very quickly. Submitting.

VE-93150

I guess a similar function for chamfer would be nice (partly to save time but if the maximum values are visible we get a direct indication of what value represents what side to be chamfered.....)

Edited by Vincent C

now that I think of if a key modifier to fillet (chamfer) 1/2 greatest radius (longest chamfer) would be very useful for rounding ends, especially when used with the double-click / all corners method

Considering this wish is just over 3 years old or 3 VW's later I wonder if it can gain some traction.  I like it.  Voting Up.