No Colours?

I have to ask. Do you have the 'black and white only' icon selected on your menu at the top of the screen? If you don't see it on your menu, click on the disclosure button at the top right.

When I check that, I get the exact same behavior. I see the designated color as it draws but it immediately changes to black and white.

• 2 weeks later...

OK now this has appeared again! (Reinstalling is not an option! (I'm still redoing all my settings and templates after the last time!)

Changing an objects color through the Attributes Palette just defaults to black (color 2) in the Classic VWs color palette. Changing the color in classes works fine....and shows accordingly if the object is set to use class attributes?! Has to be some jinx in the attributes palette!!

What am I to do, this is irritating as hell.......!

Edited by Vincent C

Do I hear crickets? OK i understand the silence but some suggestions to where I could look for the problem would be nice. A total reinstall apparently only helps a while.

It must be something to do with how the Attributes Palette looks for the color palettes or perhaps something to do with objects not taking on any other color than black or class colors?

Thanks for the script K. I'll give it a go.....

No it's not in the files. So far the only thing that reset the problem was a total reinstall of VWs. However now it is back.

I tried resetting all preference files, today I used Time Machine to totally restore the whole VWs folder back to my latest reinstall, but even that didn't fix it.

It feels like when I change a color in the attributes pallet that it simply doesn't recognize the color (i.e. as if it is not possible to select it at all?!) Strange thing is it is possible to choose colors in all other situations i.e. classes, OIP, etc. So it really is an attributes pallet only problem I think!?

When I open an old file with objects that have colors assigned (not class defaults) the attributes palette shows the color correctly but when I select a another color it jumps to black in any case (an undo will restore the original color).