3D objects

New here and new to Vectorworks. If I had a lot of time, I might be able to figure this out, but I'm hoping to use Vworks in my current project. I have been trying to figure out how to create a 3D polygon that is sloped (has different Z values for various vertical lines on the vertices.) The 3D and extruded poly tools only seem to make level polygons. Is there a way to do this with Vworks 8? Do I need some plugin or an upgrade of some kind? Or is there a trick? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by bdellis:

New here and new to Vectorworks. If I had a lot of time, I might be able to figure this out, but I'm hoping to use Vworks in my current project. I have been trying to figure out how to create a 3D polygon that is sloped (has different Z values for various vertical lines on the vertices.) The 3D and extruded poly tools only seem to make level polygons. Is there a way to do this with Vworks 8? Do I need some plugin or an upgrade of some kind? Or is there a trick? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Aside from the previously mentioned ways of doing this, you can also adjust the working plane to be at the required angle, and the 3-D tools will work with that. (See the set working plane tool docs for more information.)