sky background

my client wants a more realistic sky with less clouds (roll eyes) on his model.

I have photos I could use but putting in a bitmap covers the model and will not go to the "back"( I was using a background that came with VW)

Please advise and please know I am working in VW 12.5 but do have Rendorworks and Architect installed.

Huge thanks for any suggestions...this always happens when the dead line time gets lean! :)

Scarth construction

Edited by scarth
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What you should be able to use is a Renderworks Background, I forget if it has changed much between 12.5 and 2014, but it should still close:

In the Resource Browser, choose New Resource, the Renderworks Background. The "Background" dropdown should let you pick an Image or Image HDRI, which can then be applied to your whole design layer render or in a specific viewport.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You need to create a Renderworks Background via the Resource Browser. When creating it, you should have an option to use an image (it will prompt you to import from a file). To get the Renderworks background to display behind the model, do the following:

If using a sheet layer viewport, select the viewport and set the Renderworks Background via the Obj Info palette.

If rendering on a design layer, go tot the View menu and choose "Set Renderworks Background..."