Window between storeys...

If I understand you correctly,

You have a window that spans two floors (levels).

You can't stretch an opening across two floors.

You need to create an opening for the upper level that meets your needs to reflect for total opening.

Others may have a simpler or other ideas.

fwiw

Edited by taoist
I usually insert a copy of the window in both walls and then change one of them to an opening once they are both in the right position.

The advantage being that if you need to change position or size you simply select both and edit/move.

how many windows appear in the take-off, then?

rob

I usually insert a copy of the window in both walls and then change one of them to an opening once they are both in the right position.

The advantage being that if you need to change position or size you simply select both and edit/move.

rob

For the second window, you also can just use a hybrid symbol.

rob

Sure but then you can't change the sizes of both at the same time.....

rob

Sure but then you can't change the sizes of both at the same time.....

True, but currently in VW, you have to decide which workaround is best for what you want the have out of it. If you don't want data extracted out of the drawing for takeoffs, you have a lot of to choose, if you need it, not that many chooses.

The second window as an opening has certainly worked in terms of modelling this correctly. For this work I did not need to extract any data, but it is a good question to consider. A window symbol can be discounted from the schedule though, right? So the opening version of the window could be ignored when creating information about the windows, and the actual window retained?