Civil/Site Package Need

M Duval, PE

There is a very big need for a low cost Civil Site design CAD package. There are many Engineers out there with small practices that can't afford or justify the 10 grand software investment offered by AutoCad or Microstation.

What I think is needed is a package that can accomodate a CoGo based roadway/site design module with possible add-on hydraulics packages. I don't see the latter as so urgent because I have yet to see a site plan with all runoff confined to the available mapping. even with Eagle point, AutoCad and Microstation based products, drainage is more often then not, performed with stand alone software packages.

• 2 months later...

The new Landmark program appears to have some good Civil/Site tools along with the Landscape Tools. It seems that a Civil/Site focused program can't be that difficult to develop.

Hopefully, Nemetschek is listening...

Given the lack of response to your query, I am not sure about support. I believe there is a large market yet untapped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Frank Brault

Hi Mike,

Your property line idea is a great wish list item and I have entered it as such for possible consideration in a future release.

Thanks,

Frank Brault

Nemetschek N.A.